Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I had my hair japanese straightened (but not stick straight) 6 months ago. is it a good idea to get highlights?

i had my hair straightened six months ago. and i've been wanting to get subtle highlights just around the front part of my hair. but i have to get my roots retouched. i plan to wait the recommended two weeks, or a bit more after my retouch if i get highlights. should i get them, or would that just really kill my hair? is there anything more gentle if i want highlights?I had my hair japanese straightened (but not stick straight) 6 months ago. is it a good idea to get highlights?
I would consult a stylist because it's hard to say if your hair is stable enough to handle getting highlights after the stress of chemical processes. I personally think that it may leave your hair dried out, the Japanese perms are pretty damaging to the hair, especially over time. I had my hair japanese straightened (but not stick straight) 6 months ago. is it a good idea to get highlights?
Ok so heres the deal.... after you get retouched get a deep conditioning treatment. then after the recomended two weeks you can get the highlights and again get a deep condition. then buy a moisturizing deep conditioner (i recomend Cloud 9 by Sebastion) and do that once a week. and make sure you are using a shampoo and conditioner made for colored hair! FYI my hair gets colored often and a blow dryer and flat iron used on it every day and is just fine because i deep condition it and everything.
you could do it, but be prepared for your hair to be extremely dry and damaged.
I used to dye my hair with Koolaid. :)


But yeah, bleach=fried hair.
noo especially if your black your hair will get damaged and break
lol it depends on who u are and looks isnt everything u know :P
  • mozila
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment